Tam iş qrafiki Junior Expert on Social and Community Development
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Economic Participation of Internally Displaced Population (IDP) and vulnerable population of selected host communities in the South Caucasus
Junior Expert on Social and Community Development
Location of the project office – Baku, Azerbaijan
Duration – 15st July 2018 – 30 April 2020
The “Economic Participation of IDP and vulnerable population of selected host communities in the South Caucasus – EPIC” project is a three-year program and is implemented by The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development-policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in partner countries.
The EPIC program is regionally implemented in the Azerbaijan and the Georgia, with the aim of improving the conditions for pro-poor & inclusive growth of the vulnerable IDP and local community members. The project is closely cooperating with the State Committee for the affairs of Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons and the Social Fund for the Development of Internally Displaced Persons. The aim of the project is to improve economic participation of the IDP communities settled in the rural districts. The project aims at fostering income generation and community development opportunities through capacity building and mobilization, geared towards employment generation, entrepreneurship promotion, and community development among the target group by applying pilot approaches.
The project is looking for a junior expert to support the development, implementation and monitoring of the activities in Azerbaijan.
Projects activities will be implemented within three following intervention fields
1) Strengthening capacities of public sector actors for promotion of economic participation of the IDP;
2) Consultancy and qualification for especially young women and men of the target group to increase their use of market relevant career orientation, start-up consultancy, short-term vocational qualification and internships, including also psycho-social measures;
3) Promotion of the local private sector through business development and employment of IDP in value chains.
The junior expert will be supporting the project team in:
– identifying the needs of government institutions, the target group, and stakeholders;
– coordinating and assisting in preparing and conducting project activities
– formulating project action plans and help synchronise the planning and budgeting system and counterparts especially for the social component of the project;
– preparing, implementing and documenting strategies, team meetings, PR items, and project activities such as trainings, workshops, forums jointly with the partner institution;
– supporting national and international external consultants and contractors in carrying out their work in Azerbaijan and if required abroad;
– coordinates the use of office and transport capacities;
– all additional organisational and management issues
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
• A university degree in area relevant to the projects objectives, covering the social sciences disciplines related to development studies, development (project) management, migration studies (refugees/IDP), education, sociology, youth and gender studies, or conflict management;
o advanced (graduate) degree in the relevant fields is an asset;
• 1-3 years in a similar position;
• related to sustainable development, development management, qualification and skills development, community mobilization and development, youth and gender empowerment, experience with vulnerable population groups, especially IDP and refugees is considered an asset
Other knowledge, additional competences:
• excellent command of Azerbaijani and German or English;
• willingness to travel regularly within the country and also abroad
• high working level knowledge of MS Office programs;
• Willingness to travel to rural districts, including occasional international travel.
Qualified candidates are kindly asked to send their applications by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the name of the position (IDP – Junior Expert) you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Application deadline: 19.06.2018
32 total views, 2 today